To locate a CLLA Professional, please search below. To search for a member outside of the United States, choose a country listing. If you need further information, send your request to email@example.com. A CLLA associate will contact you regarding your request.
David R. Dubord is a shareholder with the firm of Skelton Taintor & Abbott in Auburn, Maine, representing clients in the following areas:
- creditor representation and collections
- creditor bankruptcy
- commercial law
- mediation and arbitration
- wills and estates
After graduating summa cum laude from Boston College and earning a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maine School of Law, where he graduated first in his class, David began his career as an associate with Orestis & Garcia and then with Skelton, Taintor, Abbott & Orestis before founding a general practice law firm. After eight years as a solo practitioner, David joined Dionne, Gosselin & Dubord, P.A. in 1992. In 2008, Mr. Dubord completed the Certificate Program in Mediation offered by the USM Center for Continuing Education.
David has extensive experience as a litigator in both Maine state and federal bankruptcy courts. With more than thirty-nine years of experience in creditor’s rights matters, David headed Gosselin & Dubord’s Creditor’s Rights Department and has presented at numerous seminars and conferences on debt collection and litigation.
David has been chairman of the board of several non-profit corporations, including: Pathways, New Beginnings, and Saint Dominic Regional High School. He is actively involved in ministry at Prince of Peace Parish.
Mr. Dubord resides in Lewiston with his wife Nancy and has two adult daughters.
- John Nagle Company v. Gokey, 2002 ME 101, 799 A.2d 1225
- Associates Commercial Corporation v. Chandler, 1998 ME 116, 710 A.2d 262 (Me. 1998)
- State of Maine, 1980
- United States District Court, District of Maine, 1980
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 2002
- First Circuit Court of Appeals, 2011
- University of Maine School of Law, 1980
- Boston College, 1977
- Maine State Bar Association, 1980-present
- Consumer & Financial Institution Section
- Androscoggin County Bar Association 1980-present
- Commercial Law League of America 1987-present
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys 1999-present
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals 2010-present