To locate a CLLA Professional, please search below. To search for a member outside of the United States, choose a country listing. If you need further information, send your request to email@example.com. A CLLA associate will contact you regarding your request.
Deborah S. Rubin is an associate in the Firm’s Insolvency and Reorganization, Litigation and Privacy and Datasecurity practice groups. Her practice concentrates in all areas of bankruptcy law including representation of creditors’ committees and corporate debtors in bankruptcy proceedings and commercial litigation. She also represents businesses with workouts and assignments for the benefit of creditors. She has significant experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in avoidance litigation and collection proceedings.
She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Oakland University. She is a graduate of the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law where she served as a member of the Law Review and was recognized for her outstanding performance in legal writing and analysis.
- State Bar of Michigan
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Speaker at the 2nd Joint Conference of CLLA and IACC, 2017 Mid-Year Conference, Seattle, Washington, July 16, 2017. “When a Bankruptcy Case is Filed: How an Agency Can Turn Lemons Into Lemonade”
- Speaker at CLLA 2016 Fall Conference, New York, November 10, 2016 – “Basic Bankruptcy Form F To C (Filing To Confirmation) A Practical Chapter 11 Overview For The Non-Bankruptcy Practitioner”
- Speaker at CLLA 2015 National Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 29, 2015 – “Hidden Liens: What You Don’t Know May Hurt You”
- Speaker at CLLA Eastern Region Conference NY, New York, November 6, 2014 – “Student Loan Debt – Legal and Collection Issues”.
- Speaker at CLLA National Conference, Chicago, Illinois, 2013, “Post-Confirmation Jurisdiction – Was the Suit you are Defending Properly Preserved”
- “Bankruptcy Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 Counsel for the Counselor: Practical Tips Handbook”, State Bar of Michigan Young Lawyers Section, September, 2001.
- “Bankruptcy Chapter 11” and “Bankruptcy Chapter 13” Counsel for the Counselor: Practice Tips Handbook, State Bar of Michigan Young Lawyers Section, September, 2001.
- Commercial Law League of America – Secretary (May 1, 2015 – June 9, 2018)
- Commercial Law League of America – Chair-Elect of the Bankruptcy Section (June 9, 2018 – )
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Member
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation – Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Debtors and Creditors’ Rights Section