To locate a CLLA Professional, please search below. To search for a member outside of the United States, choose a country listing. If you need further information, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A CLLA associate will contact you regarding your request.
Fred Pfenninger graduated from Indiana University with a B.A. in Political Science where he was President of Beta Theta Pi, IU Young Republicans and Crisis Biology, IU’s environmental group. Fred graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 1974 and from the Harvard Business School in 1977. He analyzed companies as the Diversification Analyst that Eli Lilly & Co might want to buy after HBS. Fred was an associate at Rubin & Levin and Of Counsel in the Creditors’ Rights Department of Barnes & Thornburg before forming Pfenninger & Associates. Fred was board certified for over 10 years in Creditors’ Rights, has been named a Super Lawyer in Creditors’ Rights more than once, and has been on the faculty of over 30 seminars on collection law topics. He is a former President of the Indiana Creditors Bar Association and is a past Chairman of the Midwest Region of the CLLA.
- Indiana University, B.A.
- Harvard Business School, M.B.A.
- University of Michigan, J.D.
- Admitted to bar in 1974
- Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States in 1980
- Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Claims in 1981
- Admitted to practice before U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Admitted to practice before U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial Collections
- Foreclosure Law
- Named Super Lawyer in Creditors Rights 2007 and 2011
- Member National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- Member International Commercial Collectors Association
- Board Certified Creditor’s Rights Law, American Board of Certification
- Member of Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Association
- Member of Commercial Law League of America
- Vice President of Indiana Creditors Bar Association
Lectures and Publications:
- “Receiverships in Mortgage Foreclosures,” The Mortgage Seminar, ICLEF, 1990
- “Forclosure Procedure,” Mortgage Foreclosures, NBI, 1990
- “Federal Receiverships”
- “Recieverships in Mortgage Foreclosures,” State and Federal Receiverships, ICLEF, 1991
- “State & Federal Receiverships,” Commercial & Bankruptcy Section, IBA, 1991
- “Marshaling Assets, Injunction Against Foreclosure Law, Alternatives to Foreclosures,” Foreclosure Law, ICLEF, 1992
- “Pre-Suit-Collections and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act,” Collecting Judgements, NBI, 1993
- “Real Estate Mortgage and Mechanic’s Lien Foreclosure, Receivership, Involuntary Bankruptcy, Actions Against Partners/Shareholders,” Representing the Business Creditor, ICLEF, 1993
- “FDCPA,” “Executiions,” and “Attachments,” Successful Judgment Collections, NBI, 1994
- “Receiverships in Mortgage Foreclosures,” IBA, 1994
- “What You Don’t Know About Executions Could Collect Your Judgments,” IBA, 1995
- “Violations and Civil Liability,” FDCPA, LES, 1996
- “Executions and Receiverships,” Collection Law, LES, 1996
- “Collection Forms & Procedures,” Ultimate Collections Practice, ICLEF, 1996
- “FDCPA,” LES, 1997
- “Receiverships and Mortgage Foreclosures,” Collection Law in Indiana, LES, 1998
- “Receiverships and Mortgage Foreclosures,” Collection Law in Indiana, LES, 1999
- “Strategies for Successful Collection of the Debt,” Skip Tracing in Indiana, NBI, 1999
- “The Basics Of Mortgage Foreclosure in Indiana,” IBA, 1999
- “Receiverships and Mortgage Foreclosures,” Collection Law in Indiana, LES, 2000