To locate a CLLA Professional, please search below. To search for a member outside of the United States, choose a country listing. If you need further information, send your request to email@example.com. A CLLA associate will contact you regarding your request.
Lester P. Taroff has dedicated his career to serving creditors. As a young lawyer, he struck up a conversation with an attorney who did collections work, it piqued his interest, and the rest is history. Lester has now been a member of the Commercial Law League of America for 41 years and has sat on various of its committees, as well as the Eastern District Executive Counsel, of which he was Chair from 2014 to 2015.
He served on the League’s Board of Governors from 2015 to 2017. For ten years Lester held the position of Vice President of the Commercial Lawyers Conference of New York. He is the consummate lawyer’s lawyer.
Lester heads up the firm’s Collections department. His practice includes commercial debt collection, litigation, and judgment enforcement for creditors from around the country (and occasionally abroad) who are owed monies by New York defendants. Les works with New York creditors who are owed debts by out-of-state debtors through his wide network of colleagues in the Commercial Law League of America. As the founder and former Chair of the Suffolk County Bar Association’s Creditors’ Rights Law Committee, Les is a frequent lecturer on creditors’ rights issues.
Les is a graduate of Long Island University and Brooklyn Law School and was admitted to practice in the courts of the State of New York in1972. He is also admitted to practice before the New York Federal District Courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Supreme Court of the Untied States.
- Long Island University (B.A., 1968)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D.,1971)
- New York State (1972)
- United States Supreme Court;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit;
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Southern, Northern and Western Districts of New York.
- Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial and Retail Debt Collection
- Commercial Litigation
- Judgment Enforcement
Affiliations, Achievements and Honors:
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America; (Member Committees on the Federal Fair Debt
- Collection Practices Act; Forwarders and Receivers and Laws and Legislation)
- Commercial Lawyers Conference of New York (former Vice President)
- Founder and past Chair of the Creditors’ Rights Law Committee of the Suffolk County Bar
Association (1996 to 1998, 2005 to 2007)
- Co-Chair and Founder of Bank-Attorney-Government-Agency Interface Committee
- Frequent lecturer on creditors’ rights matters.