To locate a CLLA Professional, please search below. To search for a member outside of the United States, choose a country listing. If you need further information, send your request to email@example.com. A CLLA associate will contact you regarding your request.
RONALD R. PETERSON
Ronald R. Peterson concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial, insolvency and bankruptcy law. A fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, he focuses primarily on representing debtors, trustees, creditors, committees, landlords and secured lenders in Chapter 11 cases. In addition to his insolvency litigation practice, Mr. Peterson counsels clients on a variety of transactional issues, including corporate restructurings.
Since 2003, Chambers & Partners has named him one of the country’s leading lawyers in bankruptcy law. He is AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer recognition for ethical standards and legal ability. Mr. Peterson is a member of the firm’s Restructuring and Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Litigation Practices. He is also a member of the Real Estate and Construction Litigation and Corporate Finance Practices and the Real Estate Finance Litigation and Workout Task Force.
Mr. Peterson has been a member of the panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division since 1988. He has presided over numerous complex commercial cases, including Stotler & Co, the country’s 10th largest commodities house, and Lancelot Investment, a $1.7 billion Ponzi scheme. Mr. Peterson has also served as examiner in Robert Lund, a large real estate developer and the Chairman of the Creditors’ Committee in Thomas J. Petters, a $3.5 billion Ponzi Scheme. Mr. Peterson is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, Commercial Law League of America and the Business Bankruptcy Committee of the Business Law Section and the Bankruptcy Litigation Committee of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association. He is a Director and past president of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees and is also a member of INSOL (International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals). Mr. Peterson served as the co-chairman of the avoidance power and in pari delicto committee of the ABI’s Chapter 11 Reform Commission and a Commissioner on the ABI’s consumer reform commission. Mr. Peterson is also a federal equity receiver and a member of the National Association of Federal Equity Receivers.
Mr. Peterson is a prolific lecturer and writer on bankruptcy and commercial law issues.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1973
- Ripon College, A.B., 1970; cum laude; Speech and Political Science
- Illinois, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1974
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2004